2015 starting problems

woodhook

2015 club car president. I’ve read hundreds of posts about club car starting problems but mine is different. During a round of golf, the car will fail to turn over. I can hold down the gas pedal for three or four seconds and it will start and run . This may happen twenty or so times a day. When I press the pedal I can hear a click along with something humming. Lately, it has failed to start at all, even after pushing and releasing the pedal several times. Now, what I have found out is if I spin the belt by hand it will start and run. This failing to start may only occur a few times a month . I’ve changed the solenoid out and I’ve put new brushes in the starter/generator. Today the car quit again and I had my wife hold down the gas pedal. I tried to ”jiggle “ all the wires that I could get to with no response. When I rotated the belt a little the car nearly ran us both over. Am I still having problems with the starter/generator or is there another area I need to check?

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
ALWAYS JACKUP CART WITH WHEELS OFF GROUND WHEN WORKING ON CART !!!!

the humming you hear is the starter/generator trying to turn over
you starting it by hand is another clue
you need a new one

here is where i get my parts

this is an OEM not a Chinese nock off

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?