DS ClubCar Where's the TOW/RUN switch?

Dynaman

Veteran
Knowns:
Club Car DS is 2001.
Throttle input device is MCOR.
Unknowns:
I can not seem to locate a TOW/RUN switch. A Club Car 2001 DS PowerDrive Plus Maintenance and Service Manual Supplement says there should be one. But I can not find. I am beginning to presume that there is NOT such a switch on my particular DS. The manual says explicitly to place switch in the TOW position prior to disconnecting the battery.

Any suggestions?

Sorry none of mine have a tow run and yours may not either. I have a running 88 and a non running 99 waiting for work.

Dynaman

Veteran
Thanks for the comeback! The 2001 DS Club Car DS Maintenance & Service Manual wiring diagram shows a Tow/Run Switch installed on the MCOR model vehicle. The switch would make some electrically trouble shooting a bit easier than disconnecting the battle bank. When I have nothing else to do, I can add one.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
YOU CAN INSTALL YOUR OWN RUN/TOW SWITCH... JUST PUT AN ON/OFF SWITCH TO EATHER SMALL WIRE ON YOUR SOLENOID
IT WILL PROTECT THE CONTROLLER

BUY IT IS STILL BEST TO REVOVE A CABLE END

but here is an idea
a battery disconnect ...works as an anti theft device too

Last edited:

Dynaman

Veteran
YOU CAN INSTALL YOUR OWN RUN/TOW SWITCH... JUST PUT AN ON/OFF SWITCH TO EATHER SMALL WIRE ON YOUR SOLENOID
IT WILL PROTECT THE CONTROLLER

BUY IT IS STILL BEST TO REVOVE A CABLE END

but here is an idea
a battery disconnect ...works as an anti theft device too

1655249462671.png
Your switch looks a lot simpler than one I can across when searching for 2001 ds club car "tow/run switch." Who uses this "bad boy?" I have seen it in a number of youtube.com videos. YES, I WOULD STILL DISCONNECT BATTERY! 1655249462671.png

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?