Txt parts

Carter716

Wondering if these parts are all compatible for my 2016 EZGO TXT?

Amazon product

Amazon product

Amazon product

Also need to figure out a good 6” or 7” lift kit with A-arms and shocks and that should be about everything I think? Any input and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
flip seat here is what i use... a lot less money but better alumin deck , not plastic
ALL OTHER PARTS WILL FIT ...
BE CAREFUL ORDERING A LIFT KIT FOR TXT ... SOME ARE ELECTRIC ONLY ... I HAVE DONE THIS LIFT AND IT WORKS GREAT WITH 23" TIRES

Carter716

flip seat here is what i use... a lot less money but better alumin deck , not plastic
ALL OTHER PARTS WILL FIT ...
BE CAREFUL ORDERING A LIFT KIT FOR TXT ... SOME ARE ELECTRIC ONLY ... I HAVE DONE THIS LIFT AND IT WORKS GREAT WITH 23" TIRES
Okay I will get that lift then I really appreciate the help!

The other seat had the armrest with cup holders was what I was looking at but I guess I can add some cup holders myself. The aluminum rear seat is probably lighter anyways I just hope it can handle 400lbs on the back if I bring my big friends Lol. Was hoping to find a tan rear seat to match the front ones not the white seat.

That lift kit is compatible with the disc brakes and wheels I posted above originally? I just wanna build it right the first time and had a bad*** cart. Hoping to be at 30 mph with the 22HP Predator motor with the clutch and cradle kit. Is there any other parts you would advise purchasing?

Carter716

The Vegas carts kit says a 4” lift kit is required so I assume the 7” lift is okay, so long as the lift it 4” or greater? It also says the Vegas carts kit is for a 1994-2008 TXT but I assume it’s compatible with the 2016 as well?

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
The Vegas carts kit says a 4” lift kit is required so I assume the 7” lift is okay, so long as the lift it 4” or greater? It also says the Vegas carts kit is for a 1994-2008 TXT but I assume it’s compatible with the 2016 as well?
LIFT IS FOR 2008.5 AND UP SO I WOULD THINK THE VAGUS WOULD NOT BE THE ONE YOU NEFD .... I WOULD CALL THE SELLER AND MAKE SURE
HERE IS THE TAN SEAT
THE DISK BRAKES ONLY WORK OH A JAKE SPINDLE KIT WITH 10" WHEELS AND UP
HERE IS WHAT WILL WORK

Carter716

That jakes 6” spindle Lift kit doesn’t look like it’s in the same league as the RHOX BMF 7” lift kit. As far as a comfortable ride and handling do you think there is a big difference? The brakes now are pretty poor so that’s why I planned on adding the disc brake kit...

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
yes i would go with the 7" RHOX and may i suggest the rear disk brakes

also if you plan on 400lbs on back seat you will need heavy duty leaf springs

and here is tan rear seat armrest/cup holders

ALSO THE GRILL GUARD CHEAPER

let me warn you about lifted carts ...THY TIP OVER EASY !!!

Last edited:

Carter716

yes i would go with the 7" RHOX and may i suggest the rear disk brakes

also if you plan on 400lbs on back seat you will need heavy duty leaf springs

and here is tan rear seat armrest/cup holders

ALSO THE GRILL GUARD CHEAPER

let me warn you about lifted carts ...THY TIP OVER EASY !!!
If I’m doing the 23 x 10-14 tires is the 7” lift kit too much? Maybe 4” or 5” would be more appropriate? I assume the 7” RHOX with the A arms would be a smoother ride off road? I don’t need excessive clearance And I don’t want it to be extremely unstable especially if it has the capability to reach 30 mph lol

Also, would you say the rear disc brakes are more effective than front disc brakes? It would be pretty pricey to do disc brakes on both front and back but the stock brakes are terrible and brakes are important!

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO 30MPH ?? OFFROAD??
THE 7" RHOX WOULD BE A SMOTHER RIDE ... I WOULD GO WITH TH 6: SPINDLE LIFT WITH THE FRONT DISK BRAKES REDO THE REARS ...KEEP THE STOCK ENGINE FOR NOW
SEE HOW IT DRIVES AND HANDLES YOU CAN DO THE ENGINE SWAP IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED THE SPEED ( STOCK IS ABOUT 20MPH )

HEERE IS WHAT A6: LIFT WITH YOUR TIRES AND REAR SEAT

Last edited:

Carter716

No I want to do 30 mph down the paved roads only lol. Stock speed with the small tires is only 16 mph now. Engine kit won’t be available for 3-4 months anyways so I’m gonna wait on the engine swap.

If the 7” is a smoother ride and only an inch taller than the picture of your 6” lift then I will probably go with the 7” RHOX with the rear disc brakes. Shouldn’t be that much more unstable than 6” lift that you have. It looks great on your cart. My house backs up to a bunch of county land so a smooth ride with those 23” tires would be ideal!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
good deal ... it is not my cart ..one i found googling 6" jakes lift
i have done both lifts and i like the jakes ...
keep us posted

Carter716

good deal ... it is not my cart ..one i found googling 6" jakes lift
i have done both lifts and i like the jakes ...
keep us posted
I got ya. I’m torn between the 6” and 7” but if it rides smoother and is basically just as stable I guess I’ll go for it I just hope it doesn’t flip super easy

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?