ClubCar Recently bought 2 old club cars to get around the homestead

Got to watching an old movie last night and while I was at it I went ahead and put the cells in the battery case. WoW talk about a perfect fit. I used some 1/8th" high density foam mat to sandwich the cells tightly inside the box, one piece on each end. The foam was packing material from the lift kit. lol None of the cells actually touch the case anywhere. Lord help me if they ever need to come back out they are in tight. I still need to figure out some way to lock them in place side to side where there's a 1/4 inch gap between the cells and walls for airflow. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. I also need to maneuver them a little to get the aligned properly. Again No idea how as tight as they fit.

Not a bad idea IF there's enough room which I highly doubt. I could have made the box larger but only hindsight is 20/20. lol

BMS Came in yesterday. I had left ample room to mount a hundred amp BMS inside the box. There is NOT room for this 250 amp BMS inside though. Either going to have to mount it externally or maybe half in half out or make a larger box. UGH Oh well I've about decided to leave the batteries in it for now they are doing so much better than when I first got them. The long slow solar charging has worked wonders with them. For the summer my new Li bank may end up running our AC over night. We use to run the generator for it at night but with gas so expensive now........

It was nearly an all day ordeal but I finally managed to shoehorn the BMS mostly inside the battery box. It looks like I may have a couple problem cells. One is rather much higher than the others and the other is a little lower than the others. The BMS appears to be trying to balance them as the numbers are SLOWLY getting closer together.

Forgot your password?