Radical Ryder = A Highly Modified G2

OUTL4W

AMA
Admin
Addict
Damn, that is some extreme coolness. Thanks for sharing, Shepard. Hopefully you keep us updated on the progress.

I had to move the swing arm back 8 inches so the 25" tires would clear the frame.

DSCN5870.JPG
DSCN5898.JPG

Because this is going to be a street legal ride - tires - rims - brakes are DOT approved.

DSCN5884.JPG

This is my wife and my best friend. She helps me do everything. Its sitting on its wheels and we have a rolling frame. The front suspension is completely adjustable for caster - camber and toe. I've read so much on front steering and suspension, one of the biggest issues with ALL the front kits or lift kits is they have limited adjustments. Caster is very important as it causes the suspension to come back straight from a turn. It must be equal or the same on both sides.

Attachments

The front brakes are from Jake's.
DSCN5877.JPG
DSCN5878.JPG

DSCN5923.JPG
The front was a kit from Jake's - calipers and pads they use are from WilWood Performance Brakes. I researched all the WilWood info I could find and I have the mating calipers for the rear with a parking brake.
DSCN5950.JPG
DSCN6078.JPG
I made the caliper supports - bought the rear WilWood calipers from Speedway Performance. I got a hardware kit from Jake's and made my rear studs to fit.

DSCN6251.JPG
To finish the brakes I used a WilWood Tandem master cylinder matched to this system. The brake light switch is located in the upper banjo bolt.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i've read/seen some guys puting a speedo in thier cart is that something you are goine to do ?
i use my phone gps speeedo

DSCN6269.JPG
DSCN6273.JPG
DSCN6246.JPG
Being I call it a "cyclecar" I've used as much motorcycle parts as possible. My "dashboard or control center is a pair of handlebar switches mounted so it can be reached with your right hand. It has an 18 amp charging system and uses UT2 digital ignition and flywheel.

OUTL4W

AMA
Admin
Addict
I added your project to the garage section of the forum. I also added the images in the rest of the thread to the "General Information" tab. You can edit this area at any time to add updates. The cover image which you can change at any time will appear in the widgets on the forum home page. The thread cover images above can be changed once you reach the specific post count too.

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?