New member, old golf cart

650laker

Hi, have the chance to get what i think is a 2000 electric club car serial number A0001-860405. Previous owner who i know said it ran 2 years ago when he parked it in his shed with the batteries still in it. All six batteries (trojan T-875) are split wide open from the cold Canadian winters. What should i be checking or testing before i shell out big bucks for new batteries ? Thanks.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
the A is club carb36v
00 is the year ... 2000
the 01 is the week of production * production starts in Aug or the year before the model year

i would test the motor first
MOTOR TEST.png

you can us a car battery and you can use 2 jumper cables ...
BUT do not touch on battery use the motor side

jumpers2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

650laker

Thanks crash test dummy, tested motor and it seems to work fine. Anything else i should test before buying new batteries ?

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
YOU REALLY CAN'T
IF YOU KNUOW SOMEOME WITH A GOOD CART YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO BARROW THE BATTERY PACK ...

HERE'S BATTERY WIRING

WIRING 36V.png

I MY SELF WOULD LOOK FOR USED BATTTERIES ... CREGSLIST ... FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech

650laker

Thanks, good to know. says 48 volt on the motor and there was 6 , 8 volt batteries in it. Will test it out next week with 4 , 12 volt car batteries and let you know. Thanks

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?