New member intro

Hi, I am a keen golfer with a club car precedent. I live in Australia. My cart suffered flood damage, submerged to height of back seat rest. I have been fixing it up over the last couple of months. I have joined this forum for tips with issues I may have and for advice on best places to purchase parts from.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech

as for parts Australia is a long way away to ship .. but we will help as much as we can

is it electric or gas ??

Hey, it is electric. I purchased a new controller from Ev Drives (Alltrax) from the states, paid $170 delivery and still cheaper than buying from here. Not sure if I should also replace motor, it does work but feels a little jittery. Not sure of cause, it's been sitting idle for a couple of months. Looked ok when I pulled it all apart and cleaned it up. Maybe just needs a good run....any thiughth?

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
if it was freash water it will be ok ...you might want to change the brushes
salt water .. junk the cart there will be corrosion problems down the road

about 3 years ago a "lady" brought me a Precedent that was drunkenly driven in to a pond and sat over night
i replaced the controller and batteries , cleaned motor ,changed the differential oil, greased the ball joints , blew out all wireing plugs and sprayed the breake springs with WD40
it is still going strong today
his is the intro area so start a new thread in the club car electric forum
https://www.wildbuggies.com/forums/nodes/club-car.10/
if you need more help or parts ... i know a guy ...LOL

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?