Lights not working correctly

DWA77

I'm having problem with my EZ Go TXT Golf cart lights. Hopefully the description below of what works & when will provide enough information for me (a novice @ best) to fix what's broken - with some expert guidance of course!

When I turn the key to the position where lights are supposed all of them work.

When I turn on the left turn signal the lights blink front & back

When I turn on the right turn signal the lights do not blink front or back

When I turn on the hazard lights the front left blinks but the front right light does not blink whereas both the left & right back lights blink.

When I depress the brakes the back lights do not work but when I depress the red brake lock button on the brake pedal both the left & right brake lights work.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how I might repair this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
START WITH THE FRONT RIGHT BLUB
THE BRAKE LIGHTS IS ON THE PEDEL SWITCH UNDER THE CART IT IS NOT ENGAGING WHEN YOU JUST PUSH THE PEDAL
look under cart for little black box
you adjust it with the nuts you want it to come on with the pedal just pressed

i attached an ACCESSORY WIRING DIAGRAM for txt (36v)

click to enlarge
txt 36v.png

Last edited:

DWA77

wow - thanks so much for the quick response. I’ve not had time to look things over due to Christmas honey do’s but I do know that I have LED lights. I really don’t know how to check & see if the right blinker LED light is out. Do you know how I can test it?I’ve attached a picture of the lights that I have. Thanks so much for you help - I really appreciate everything!

Attachments

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
from your photo ... that is not an LED light
these are Ezgo LED lights

yours are halogen lights
you reach up behind the yellow light and take out the socket ( little twist to right)
the blub is a 194 blub
usually the backs are LEDs
you can put a LED blub in your light

Last edited:

DWA77

Thanks again for all of your help! I really appreciate you taking time to help me out!

Unfortunately I have tried gently turning the bulb to the right with no success - then I tried a gentle turn to my other right aka my left with no success. I’ve attached another photo showing you the back of the fixture. It looks like this particular fixture is not made where you can change the bulb - am I missing something here?

F391ECD5-0AC4-46A3-A390-933A7751BDC8.jpeg
Should I just opt to replace the entire fixture since it does not appear to me to be able to change this bulb? If you think that is the best option in your opinion which is the best brand - if there is one & do I just buy it off Amazon?

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?