Marathon Lift kit problems

RMF61

Hi all! Happy i found this group. Ive got a marathon cart that im lifting 5 inches. The rear is straight forward, leaf springs and shocks. Not a problem. The front however only has a single leaf spring that spans the width of the buggy and no shocks. What do i have and what do i need to lift this type of front end? Any idea of the year? Im having problems figuring out the year. I cant find any information on this type of front end. Please help! Thank you!

RMF61

Thank you for the response! This is the kit i have. Like i said this fits the rear suspension just fine . The problem im having is the front suspension is completely different from what everything else is telling me. The front has 1 leaf spring that runs the width of the front axel assembly and no shocks! Every description is telling me its a 75-93 model but the front suspension is completely different. Everything shows front leafsprings (2) running front to back with shocks. This is where im lost.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
YOU HAVE A X440 WITH THE 4 WHEELS
I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ONE BEING LIFTED
not saying it can't be done
I WOULD LOOK FOR A CART YOU CAN LIFT

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
am I dealing with a pre-marathon 1965-1975 ?
THAT I DONT KNOW BUT WITH THAT FRONT SPRING I WOULD THINK ABOUT 70s

after looking ALOT=THE RONT OF A CLUB CAR HAS A SINGLE SPRING

RMF61

Thanks for the info! I cant tell you how much searching ive done trying to figure out what i have. Looks like ill have to take the lift blocks off the back and return it.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i too have done some research and find you have a 1986 X440 E
yes the year is the last numbers of the serial number
now The crazy part ... the three Leaf Front Spring front spring is 72 ~78 ONLY
the Melex has the same front spring
i think someone changed it from 86 to78
is this your wiring diagram ?
86 ezgo.jpg

if so it is a 86 model

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?