Is it safe to ride my golf cart without warming it up?

OUTL4W

AMA
Admin
Addict
No. Warming up your golf cart can prolong your golf carts engine life. This warm up time allows the oil to loosen up and coat all the moving parts inside the engine before running at normal speeds.

Warming up your engine should be done at low RPM's for a period of about 5 minutes.

Depends some on the motor. 2 stroke, 4 stroke and 4 stroke with pressure lubrication. Probably really need to pay attention to what weight of oil to use when in colder climates.(MN getting a ugly slap tomorrow) A good clean oil should leave a good film to aid in cold startups. Old dirty oil thats been diluted with gas is hard on everything. I have given most of my cycles a couple good minutes, enough to be able to take the choke off before a slow launch and the extra load helps warm things up faster than just lunging in cold air without a load. I have mounted cht,egt and oil temp gauges on couple of my cycles. My knowledge base of carts doesnt include any with liquid cooling yet. Beginning to repair various carts in a rv park so needing more knowledge of adjustments and upgrades

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?