1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to WildBuggies

Do you like customizing your golf cart? Or just looking for golf cart help? Then join the golf cart forum for golf cart enthusiasts owned & operated by golf cart enthusiasts. It takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Guide How To upgrade your electric v-glide Club Car from 36 volts to 48 volts

Discussion in 'Club Car' started by OUTL4W, Nov 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. #1 OUTL4W, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    If you have a 36 volt v-glide Club Car and looking for more power options and a greater top speed you should look into upgrading to 48 volts. The first thing you must find out is if the cart is a resistor car or if it has an electronic controller.

The following things must be replaced when upgrading these carts.

Resistor Cart with 1 solenoid:
    1. Solenoid - Swap out the old solenoid and replace it with a heavy duty 48 volt.
    2. Batteries - Purchase six new 8 volt batteries.
    3. Battery Charger - In order to charge these batteries, you must purchase a 48 volt charger for the cart.
    You do not have to upgrade the motor.

Older Resistor Cart with 5 solenoids:
    1. Solenoids - Swap out all 5 of the solenoids and replace it with 48 volt solenoids.
    2. Batteries - Purchase six new 8 volt batteries.
    3. Battery Charger - In order to charge these batteries, you must purchase a 48 volt charger for the cart.

Electronic Control Cart:
    1. Electronic Controller - The old 36 volt controller must be replaced with a 400 amp controller rated at 48 volts.
    2. Solenoid - Swap out the old solenoid and replace it with a heavy duty 48 volt.
    3. Wires - Replace all wires with a #4 gage wire.
    4. Batteries - Purchase six new 8 volt batteries.
    5. Battery charger - In order to charge these batteries, you must purchase a 48 volt charger for the cart.

2. I have the old resister cart with 5 solenoids what would be a good solenoid to convert to 48 volt

3. there are a few ... but if you go with a heavy duty you will have to find a way to get it bolted down

4. I think that I could fab up a bracket to mount the solenoids. I was checking if I should go with standard or heavy duty like 400 amp I was just given another club car just like the other one 36 volt with 5 solenoids. I think it will be a fun project I was also thinking about trying to upgrade to the 48 volt ac system but that is expensive and someone told me that your battery pack will only last about 3 years. Crash have you done any research on that?

5. NO ... BUT IT IS WHAT I'VE HEARD ALSO
    THE 36V CARTS ARE ALOT OF FUN TO WORK ON AND MOD