ClubCar Help! - Replacing Controller EV4L48XB2 on ClubCar Model #A9630-512799

Greg

I am trying to replace the controller on the clubCare listed above. Does anyone know if the "Performance Plus Carts - Curtis 1204 Controller 325 Amp Series for Club Car DS Golf Carts - fits 1996-up" is compatible with this cart? I think this model cart is also rare as it has two 48V solenoids as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech

Attachments

Greg

Thank you!!!! Will the wiring remain the same with the new controller? Just wondering if the old t-shaped controller has different wiring. Thanks again!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
wiring is the same
see the plug in the photo ?? the new one comes with new adapter plug
one thing that you need to do is drill new holes for controller to mount to frame (upside down)
i did find a cheaper controller $254.00

also an install video (sort of )

ok so here is why you have a solenoid with a coil ... it is for slower speed in reverse
some people by-pass the coil for full speed reverse
i have the wiring diagram for reverse solenoid removal if needed
V-glide wiring

Last edited:

Greg

I can’t thank you enough, this is so helpful! I did see the plug but thought the new plug was 14 points vs. 12 or 13. Thanks again for the clarification!

Snotty B

The second solenoid with the coil is not a reverse solenoid for slower speed it is the regen solenoid. Also the second controller that you quoted is actually the rebuild price for the same controller yes it is but cheaper than new CTD

Last edited by a moderator:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
qoute MAaster Cylinder "The second solenoid with the coil is not a reverse solenoid for slower speed it is the regen solenoid."
what the fuck ???...
come on smart boy ... you should know better
you are giving bad info
you are banned for a month

the regen comes out of the end of the motor

Last edited:

Greg

So I replaced the controller with the one recommended. I also replaced both solenoids. The cart runs but the speed remains very slow. If I bypass the resister coil would that eliminate the issue with the low speed? I know the speed controller is inside the motor for this cart, so it isn’t like the newer motors where I can just switch it out with a new one via plug and play. The cart does not have the V-glide. I’m not sure how to correctly bypass the resistor coil if that is an option. The diagram seems to be eliminating an entire solenoid. Sorry for all the questions, I’m certainty a newbie trying to figure this out….thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
that is only the slow speed reverse coil
take a cable from A2 controller to A2 motor remove the coil and solenoid tape off small wires

how slow is slow? the regen1 cart will only go 15 mph
your wiring diagram is the first one i attached

one thing to check is the front wheel brings should be free wheeling when jacked up
check for a rub mark on inside of rim

check rear brakes for drag

Greg

Thank you! It tops out at 5 mph. The cart feels like it wants to go but just peaks out at maybe 5 mph. Going up a hill it slows down to 1 mph, it doesn't stop but simply moves at a walking pace. I will check for the rear brake drag. I checked the front wheels and they are free moving when on jack stands. I will also try eliminating the slow speed reverse coil and second solenoid. Thanks again!

Greg

ok. I will be removing the second solenoid (the one connected to the coil) and leaving the other solenoid in tact correct?

Greg

OK. I thought I should disconnect the speed sensor on the end of the motor.....Are you able to replace the speed sensor by removing the end cap on the motor?

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
yep ... there's a speed magnet in there

i would put a high speed magnet in

text my friend David @ Ratrevolution Golf Cars.
Text: 706-431-3917
tell him that Crash Test Dummy is helping you and you need a high speed magnet
tell him you have a regen 1 cart
he will sell you the correct speed magnet

Last edited:

Greg

Awesome !! I will. Thanks again! You have been the most helpful person on the entire internet! Truly appreciate your help.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
I AM HERE WHEN YOU NEED ME .... OH YOUR FRIENDS

I HAVE ABOUT 20 YEARS WORKING ON CARTS ...

HOW ABOUT PHOTOS ??

David

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?