EZGO Hello From Nebraska

Trapper

Hello just bought first cart 2 days ago non running. Looking to get it goin and share experience along the way. I dont know anything about carts but look forward to picking everyone's brains as I learn. I will be working on an 84' EZ GO 2cyce. Nice to meet everyone.
84.jpg

Trapper

Stock for the most part. I need to see see what works and what doesn't so I can tell if this cart will a money pit from the get go. Where would one start? I pulled plug n put oil in top n motor feels free. I cant push the cart because it feels like clutch is engaged with no batteries etc and it being a 2cycle gas it should roller with brakes off correct?

Trapper

these are the tags one has 84' in it so i thought that is what i had but a gentleman told me i have an 83 is that correct? I have photos of the mess I bought. Would like everyones input.

Attachments

A harbor freight engine swap might well be your best bet to keep it simple and easy. Best of all it would then be a 4 stroke. I personally am not a big fan of old 2 strokes. They take a lot of TLC to keep running well.

Trapper

A harbor freight engine swap might well be your best bet to keep it simple and easy. Best of all it would then be a 4 stroke. I personally am not a big fan of old 2 strokes. They take a lot of TLC to keep running well.
would you bypass the potentially shot clutches? or is there another solution for them?

would you bypass the potentially shot clutches? or is there another solution for them?
I honestly have no idea what kind of clutches that old cart had. I would want one of the torque converter type clutches like newer carts and go carts have. Something like this.

If you're going with high horse power maybe one of these.

Amazon has them cheaper too.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
your body was swapped for a 84 you have an 85
yep it should roll with brakes off
put the f/r lever strighte up and try and roll it

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?