ClubCar 48v Goes Backward but not Forward

Frankly

Veteran
I am helping a widow lady with a non-functioning cart. I am a newby when it comes to these things, although I wrench all my cars. It does fine in reverse, with the buzzer working, but is completely dead in forward. She said that it worked intermittently, but on the day I was there it would not work at all. I think it is a 90’s DS 48 volt model. I thought sure it would be a bad forward/reverse switch so I removed it and took it home to inspect it. It tested okay with my DVM, but it did have some pitting on one of the forward contacts. So I took it apart and cleaned it and switched the worst looking forward lug to the reverse position. After reassembly I reinstalled it and there is no difference. Goes backward, but not forward. What should I check next?

Frankly

Veteran
There is a micro switch on the FNR switch that could be the problem. Just not sure if it supplies power to the solenoid in both forward and reverse? It may only supply power to the solenoid in Forward?

Frankly

Veteran
Actually I see they have it jumpered together to bypass the first microswitch - white/black wire to green/white wire. Is this safe? I did not understand your answer. This first micro switch supplies power to the solenoid in both forward and reverse or just in forward?

Thanks for the reply.

Frankly

Veteran
I have done some testing and the FNR switch tests good. Motor connections are cleaned and tight. Micro switches appear to be hooked up correctly and working. The FR solenoid switch is jumpered out. It has a V-glide not a variable pot. Works fine in reverse, but is erratic in forward - pumping the peddle will make it go, but I did not try to drive it. This lady lives on top of a hill and there is no flat ground so I am a little reluctant to try to drive it much. I am thinking I need to make sure the controller connections are clean. Evidently the controller controls high voltage forward and low voltage in reverse as there is no battery 3 tap. Sorry I did not report this Initially.

Snotty B

The only I repeat only thing that changes between forward and reverse is a forward reverse switch assembly as long as this is a series cart if it's a late 90s it could be a sepex cart

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
S Master cylinder

you are correct BUT HE STATED it (f/r switch) tested good and " Works fine in reverse, but is erratic in forward - pumping the peddle will make it go, "

F Frankly
the controller makes it go slow in reverse in 48v carts the 36v carts use the "3rd battery" that is 18v reverse
check your omns
and your sweeper arm in the v glide

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
can you post photo ?
aaaah ... forward - pumping the peddle will make it go, gave me an answer
the MCOR is going bad, it is under thee floor on the cross bar
this is a good video... it silent video the ...mcor is under the cart

check out this web site

this is what you need but call Dave at his web site ... tell him crash test dummy sent you to him.

Snotty B

I see you deleted my last post you don't hE ave to be right all the time

CTD YEA I DID IT WAS INAPPROPROIATE ...WE DO PUT UP WITH BULLSHIT
THE BIG GUY AGREES WITH MY DESION AND THE WARNING
YOUR SMART ASS POSTING "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RIGHT ALL THE TIM E" ,...IS CORRECT
3 WARING YOU ARE OUT OF NERE

Last edited by a moderator:

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?