Gas vs Electric - which powered golf cart do you prefer and why?

Gas vs Electric golf carts

• Gas

• Electric

Results are only viewable after voting.
I chose gas...since you can go longer distances. And where my uncle camps there are no hookups unless you bring a generator.

Yamaha gas. Easier to get to go faster to keep up with the dog on her runs. G19 was cheaper than other options. Has had a few issues.

I'm totally a gas man. In all my years I've had 4 batteries explode - 2 with a little help and 2 spontaneously just blew up. Get a drop of gas in your eye and it's going to irritate the p-ss out of it. Get a drop of battery acid in your eye and you could go blind.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
not to argue about it but... batteries do not explode on there own ... you need some kind of sparke near the vent gas to blow it up
i've seen quite a few blown ones and 90% are loose cable making a spark at te pot 9% a cable is fraided and sparks
only one stupid guy dropped a lit ciregitte on a battery and the explotion was powerful , i actual was in the shop when it happened

here is photo

always wear safety glasses when working on ANY cart

i do like the electric carts over the gas for the over all use
as for mods there is very little differance
oh you can make eather go 50 mph .. but why ? it's a golf cart

shepard you can say piss ...lol

Last edited:

jethaulin

at work gas over electiric as we work 10hr days. at home electric over gas as i usually drive less then 8 miles in a day and am almost always by a oulet to recharge if need be.

Gas. Who wouldn’t want gas? The feel of power and the engine revving. Could you imagine getting into an old Mustang, Camero or Mopar and stepping on the throttle to rev it up? Click it’s electric. Or feel it as it revs up.o_O

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
. Could you imagine getting into an old Mustang, Camero or Mopar and stepping on the throttle to rev it up?

yep i can't imagine it

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?