DS ClubCar Full custom DS project.

I can't wait to see this as it progresses. I too would like more leg room and the gas pedal position sucks on my cart. It's so vertical and just to close to the seat for me.

Rennz

Veteran
Well, lowering the seat kind of makes the pedal position even worse.... So, I'm pretty much forced to push it back. I played with the idea of altering the pedals and got a few ideas. But I'm shelving those for a while as it would just take too much time. To really do it right, you almost need to build a whole new pedal box from scratch and position it above the floor pan.

Rennz

Veteran
Why can't you shift the pivot points? Or possibly use a cable?
What makes it tough is the interconnection with the e-brake release and the amount of room you have to modify the output travel. I really don't mind the position of the brake as much as the throttle...

But on a side note,:
- I got the disc brakes in
- put an even more aggressive rake on the steering column
- put on the new steering wheel
- Got a rough (very rough) set-up of the seating - the front of the seat is 5" lower and 6" on the back portion: more like a car seat.
rough.jpg

disc1.jpg

stw1.jpg

Gotcha thanks for the info.

BTW you will LOVE your new battery. My carts a whole different animal since I switched mine. Now I need new rear springs I over torqued these and bent the crap out of them! lol Live learn build break repeat!

Budro35

Waiting for any new updates! I’m extremely interested in this build due to buying a 86 Club Car DS that PO had stripped everything electrical out of the cart and lost interest in! Now I have a blank canvas to start my build!

Rennz

Veteran
Waiting for any new updates! I’m extremely interested in this build due to buying a 86 Club Car DS that PO had stripped everything electrical out of the cart and lost interest in! Now I have a blank canvas to start my build!
Thanks! Yeah, they can pretty much be turned into anything you can imagine; the resolve to see it through is usually the only issue.

Not much for updates:
- Seats came in
- Dash also arrived and only needed about 1/4" of trimming of the steering column hole to account for the modified angle.
C723.jpg

*Good luck on your new toy!

Budro35

Thanks! Wow where did you get the seat done? Looks pretty comfortable! I did the same dash and steering wheel on my 1982 Club Car DS! Ended up selling it and jumped right back in the dark hole!

Rennz

Veteran
Nice! Thanks! Where are you located? I’m in Parrish, FL!
Well, I'm near Clarksburg, WV. But my sister-in-law lives in Pinellas Park, my parents live across the state in Delray Beach, a brother in Hollywood(FL), cousin in St. Augustine... and friends in the panhandle. we got FL pretty much covered!

Rennz

Veteran
Hey, we just got back from our beach trip. Sorry, I tend to disconnect from everything while we're there.
So no, no progress..... But soon!

Rennz

Veteran
Hey guys,
I bet you thought I gave up on this project, lol.
No. I have been working on it and it should be ready for its first test ride in a few days.
I had a friend move to our area recently and have been helping him remodel their new (very old) home... Along with my two teenage boys, who are both in sports and band, cutting brush and other land work, I have been busy.

I had to cut out and re-fiberglass a section of the old seat base that had some delamination and am still having a tough time figuring out how I want to brace the front seat backs. I've been trying to re-utilize as much of the old pieces as possible, kind of like a jigsaw puzzle of random cut-up aluminum.
Once I do that and get a few good test drives in to make sure everything is where I want it, I'll start forming the new body.

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?