Marathon EZGO Fluctuating power from Starter Generator

marcheld

I put LED down-light kit on my cart (the kind where you can change colors, pulse, flash, etc.)
Amazon productThe lights cut on and off while running. A side note, I have LED Headlights that are not affected.
I'm thinking the electronics are quite sensitive to over-voltage since they function normal when engine is off.

Got the cart out of winter storage and had to replace the battery. it was only 2 years old.
My multimeter is showing wildly fluctuating voltages while running, and I suspect over voltage might have killed it slowly.

Last season I replaced the solenoid and the voltage regulator.
Even added an electronic rectifier for the LED light kit.
Made no difference.

Its looks to me like the coil voltage is bleeding over into the charging circuit.
Other than that. Cart runs fine. Starts right up, keeps running, no stalling.

What do you think? What am i missing here?

marcheld

Thanks CTD
I thought that too, and already replaced it with this from Amazon: https://a.co/d/38daFL4

If you think it was a bad move, can you make a recommendation?
What about the ignitor? (Little box below the regulator - connects to the pulser coil)

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
THE ONE I POSTED IS ALL YOU NEED ...
HOOK IT TO THE BTTERY AND THEN TO A FUSE BOX

HERES HOW YOU WOULD WIRE IT

GAS LIGHT SET UP.png

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
YOU NEED A BATTERY MINDER ... IT WILL HEEP YOUR BATTERY STAY CHARGED ALL WINTER ... THEN IN SPRING YOU WILL HSAVE A FREASH BATTERY THAT WILL LAST FOR YEARS

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?