ezgo no go

jackie

Veteran
I have an ezgo, i think a 2005 (data plate removed before I got it) Motor runs fine with the cart jacked up off the ground, but when down I have no power to move Is this a problem with the controller?

jackie

Veteran
Another thing I tried... We held the tires to check the resistance and we were able to hold them to keep from moving, we could feel like they wanted to turn, is this a motor thing or a controller thing, when doing this the batteries rapidly discharged. Thanks for your input and suggestions Jackie in Bath NC

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
wow
one thing i can think of us your hub is stripped

jack up cart put on jack stands
remove both tires and hubs
good time to do break job
see if hub splines are worn
hubs.png

have some one hold passenger side axle (lightly)
you hold drivers side (lightly)
and someone presses the go pedal
one of you will feel axle turn
if not it is in the gear box
more that likely the hubs are bad

as for reapply discharge of batteries
that is sign of bad batteries

jackie

Veteran
When holding the tires there is a definate want to spin, the shafts are stopped from turning, so this leads me to believe the hubs are not stripped. it takes all my strength to hold them from spinning.

jackie

Veteran
it will go on flat ground, but a slight incline will stop it in forward or reverse. an incline of about 4 inches in10 feet.

jackie

Veteran
Also while i am trying to figure this propulsion out, I need a part if someone is willing to mail it to me I will send money first. I need the black plastic part that fits behind the rear seat. the front and rear may be the same. Thanks Jackie

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
volts are good
i would now remove the motor
clean it and check bushings

if controller was bad it would not move

Last edited:

jackie

Veteran
that plastic part is not what I need. I need the seat backing that the board and foam fit against.

jackie

Veteran
Thanks for the info....Will look on ebay. As far as the propulsion issue, I am leaning towards bad batteries

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?