Electrical problems

I purchased a 2006 club car gas precedent and noticed it would start slow sometimes. The belt was slipping so I tighten the belt then the starter destroyed it self. Ordered and new starter and belts. Still it stared slowly. Battery tested very low so replaced it also. Still same thing. Someone said the solenoid could cause this problem so I purchased one. Here’s where the issue happened. When I was changing the solenoid I accedently hit the hot cable on the battery with the orange wire and it sparked. I in stalled the solenoid and soon as I connected the battery the starter began to spin. I traced the orange wire and it has a diode inline and it was blown. Replaced it and now I can connect the battery and the starter won’t spin until I turn the key switch. Thought it might be the gas peddle switch but when I unplug the peddle the key will still spin the starter. I’m out of ideas. Any response will be great. Yes I regret not disconnecting the battery.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
yep and they can weld !!!
seen it a few times
do you hear solenoid "click " when you turn on key ??

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
wow ... something is by passing the whole start system and giving you power to starter at at key on
all i can think of is the micro switches stuck closed ??

try taking off orange and white wire trace it back to micro switches
here is the wiring diagram for the gas starter area

o6 pres gas 2.png

and here is the whole gas wiring diagram

06 gas pres.png

good luck

Last edited:
I disconnected the wire going to the foot pedal and it still does it. Dropping it off at the golf cart shop today. I’m at my limit when I comes to wiring.

Golf cart shop thinks its the GCOR. They have one on order for two weeks now. I don’t think it the GCOR. I was getting a reading with my meter pressing the peddle. They said it was dead. I’ll post when I get it back. If I ever do.

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?