Columbia par car upgrades

3 questions. These pertain to a 1991 columbia par car gas

1. I have a cool steering wheel I would like to install but the mounting hole is bigger than stock. Is there a kit or something to fit after market steering wheels on?

2. In order to put a Honda wheel (4x110 I believe) wheel on is there a certain offset I need to look for because i have drum brakes? Looking at sport quat wheels because the utility wheels are just a little bit too big

3. Are there any suspension upgrades I can do? The suspension sucks and I haven't figured out how to build a lift kit for it yet

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
1. I have a cool steering wheel I would like to install but the mounting hole is bigger than stock. Is there a kit or something to fit after market steering wheels on?
look on amazon for golf cart steering wheel adaptors
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=golf+cart+steering+wheel+adaptors&ref=nb_sb_noss
2. In order to put a Honda wheel (4x110 I believe) wheel on is there a certain offset I need to look for because i have drum brakes? Looking at sport quat wheels because the utility wheels are just a little bit too big
i do not know the offset
a wheel with a 4+3 offset will measure 4" from the inside lip to the center of the rim where the hub and rim meet, and then it will measure 3" from the hub to the outside lip.

3. Are there any suspension upgrades I can do? The suspension sucks and I haven't figured out how to build a lift kit for it yet
there is nothing for suspension ... 96 and up yes
for the lift ... i have seen a few homemade
the front cut the frame tubes in the front, used a 1/4" plate to drop the rack and welded it back to the riser plate with gussets.
here is a rear homemade

rear

IMG_0741.JPG

lift parcar.png

front
lift parca f.png

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I saw that lift posted in the past. I'm just not sure if I want to go hacking up the frame quite yet...lol

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?