Cart goes in reverse no matter the direction of the switch.

Upstate81

I have been trying to repair a G19, forward reverse switch operates and buzer works in reverse only. The wheels spin in reverse no matter the direction selected. I have tried to bypass the switch by running a jumper wire from the hot to each wire independant of the switch with the same results. Open to any suggestions.

Some back story might help get you an answer. How long have you had the cart when did this start? What could have caused it?

Upstate81

sorry but not much back story to tell, this is the way I got the cart. no idea what could have caused this issue. I am leaning towards a bad controller but I was hoping some others may have had a similar condition and a possible fix. Not sure what would cause a controller to go bad or if there is a good reliable test. Thank you

I am about as far as you can get from being an expert but I do have a couple ideas. First I'd go to the post here about testing a motor by direct wiring it to a 12 volt battery. Wire it both ways to make sure you have both forward and reverse like that. If that works out I'd check the schematics for that make & year cart and make sure the wiring is correct. They can be found by searching google usually. If it is then look into the controller.

Snotty B

It is the forward reverse switch or the forward reverse contactor whatever it has.
Now if this is a separately excited cart and not a series cart then it could be the controller
If The motor runs in One Direction it will run in the other.

Last edited:

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?