Bad Boy Buggy Max Wheel/ Tire Size

I have a Bad Boy Buggy Classic. I am almost finished the referb project on this cart. It has the OEM wheels and off road tires. I want to swap them for DOT/ street tires for a smoother ride. This cart will not be used off road. What is the maximum rim size I can put on this cart? There does not appear to be a lift kit on the cart but it does sit higher than a standard EZGO. Do the BBB have factory installed lifts? Really what I'm asking is do I shop for wheels for a lifted cart or for a non-lifted cart? I was hoping to put 14" wheels on the cart.

Thanks

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
STOCK SET UP ON A BAD BOY BUGGY CLASSIC .WILL TAKE UP TO A 22" TIRE .. RIM IS UP TO YOU .. I LIKE THE 14" MEDUSA WITH BODY MATCHING COLOR

I WOULD GET A 6 PLY ROAD TIRE

REMEMBER ... IT IS TIRE SIZE NOT RIM SIZE THAT YOU NEED TO LOOK INTO

Last edited:
When you say tire size, what measurement should I be looking for? Tire width? If I get a 14" wheel with a low profile tire, do I just need to make sure the total diameter doesn't exceed 22"?

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
correct ... 22" outside diameter ( measured fully inflated in center of tire )
width should be no more than 10 "
this will allow for movement up and down and turning
the stock ezgo and club car can take a 20" tire
i don't know if i would go with a low profile tire with a 14" rim
gap in fender may look to big

this is what i would go with

14" rims with 22" street tires

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
14" rims with 22" street tires

yup you can go with a 22" tire no problem
23" will rub when making sharp turn

AWESOME!! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank You so much! One more question, I see DOT radial tires available for a 14" wheel, but they don't tell you the total tire diameter. From what I can tell, if I do the math, a tire size of 205/40R-14 would have a total diameter of about 20.5 inches. Is this correct? I can't seem to find any wheel/ tire combo that would give a 22" tire thats under 10" width.

Do you know if there is a street tire in this size? I didn't want off road or knobby tires. I really want a smoother, quiet ride.

Thanks again! From looking at the links you posted, I take it a 14" wheel with a 22" tire less than 10" wide doesn't exist? Most 22" tires fit 12" wheels. Would you happen to know if the Bad Boy Buggie Classic is considered a lifted cart? Should I look for lifted wheels and tires? What about the offset? Man, finding reliable info on BBB carts is almost impossible!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
BBB IS A LIFTED CART ... AS I HAVE FOUND THEY USE A 3" SPINDLE LIFT
I HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE USING A 23" TIRE WITH NO PROBLEMS
OFFSET SHROUD BE ZERO OR NEGATIVE OFFSET

YES THE 22X10X14 IS AN ALL TERRAIN / OFF-ROAD TYPE TIRE
THE ALL TERRAIN TIRE IS NOT A BUMPY RIDE

HERE IS A 23" X10X14 STREET TIRE

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/excel-street-fox-23x10r-14-radial-dot-golf-cart-tires-set-of-4/

WARNING I HAVE NOT USED A 23" TIRE ON A LIFTED CART ... I HAVE ONLY HEARD OF SOMEONE USING A 23" TIRE ON A BB

Awesome!! Thank You for all the great information. The pictures helped me finally get a grasp on all this. I posted the same questions on another cart forum and would either get zero responses or very vague answers with little to no real information. This will be my go to forum from now on. Thanks again!!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i am not an expert and i do have to go to others for real big problems
i try to check in every day so if you need anything just post up

OUTL4W

AMA
Admin
Addict
Awesome!! Thank You for all the great information. The pictures helped me finally get a grasp on all this. I posted the same questions on another cart forum and would either get zero responses or very vague answers with little to no real information. This will be my go to forum from now on. Thanks again!!
hopefully, you keep us updated on your progress...

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?