Backrest Extension Kit

upacreekk

I just bought my first cart -- 2009 Club Car Precedent. I am 5’-7” and find the seat position very uncomfortable. I heard that CC made a backrest extension kit, Club Car Part No. 102586601 (Page 1-21 in the "Optional Equipment IPL"), but they stopped making them 8 years ago. The purpose of the extension is to bring the backrest forward 2-3" and tip it more upright at the top, so it doesn't lean back in the stock “reclined position”. The kit replaces the plastic parts, which would be damaged if the backrest were to be tilted forward. I have already tried all the major parts companies. Anybody know where I can get one of these extension kits?

upacreekk

Just as I thought, it's a no-go. This item was sold out and the company did not/does not update their website. And, as it turns out, I has contacted them before. So, the search goes on... :(

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i guess you could ty a lumbar support pillow

it would move you out a few inches
or pedal extenuations

upacreekk

It's not the lumbar area (i.e., the pillow would actually make it worse, because my upper back would have no support) => it's the TILT of the backrest. It simply needs to be at a more upright angle.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
ok i finally found the backrest extension kit, Club Car Part No. 102586601
here it is
2021_11_22_10_46_01_Precedent_Golf_Vehicle_Optional_Equipment_Illustrated.png
ley me think on this

upacreekk

Here are the part numbers from the "Optional Equipment IPL" with the part no. and description. Unfortunately, neither the picture or the numbers have helped me find the kit.

Ext Kit Description.jpeg

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
ok my dealer say there are none in the US
here's what i would do ... put a painted weather treated 2x4 0r 4x4 ... added to the back and drill holes for longer bolts and if needed could slant any way you want by shaving off some of the wood
where are you located ??

2021_11_22_10_46_01_Precedent_Golf_Vehicle_Optional_Equipment_Illustrated.png

upacreekk

I can do the piece(s) of wood with slanted bolts at the top rear of the seat back. THE PROBLEM IS the molded plastic tabs on the bottom, that fit into slots on the frame, which WILL BREAK if they are tilted a few degrees (to accommodate the forward tilt at the top). That's why the kit replaces them with metal tabs. BTW -- I am located in Spokane Valley, WA.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i don't think you would have to put the molded plastic tabs in the seat will be rocky
i think a 2x4 it gives 2'' out
you could do the pedals

i was gonna say i could help if you were in

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i see you've asked on all the cart forums with no luck
looks like you will have to look into foot extensions
i am a double amputee below the knees and i use a cane
i yse hand controls in my jeep

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?