DS ClubCar Alltraxx parameters for 48v Club Car DS

JayBird

Veteran
Hi all. I have listed what's on my cart below. I'm just wondering if any of you are running an Alltraxx SR48500 controller on a club car DS. I currently finished getting a new build running thanks to a lot of help here! My red hawk motor is rated at 10 peak horse power. The Alltraxx is a 500amp programmable controller. Im seeing about 20 mph on flat road. Does anyone have any set up advice for this controller?

2001 48v Club car DS

• Stock rear end
  • New Interstate golf cart batteries
  • All new cables
  • Heavy duty forward /Reverse switch
  • ModZ Club car 4 gauge complete Battery cable set
  • Red Hawk MOT-A1 motor
  • Heavy duty Solenoid
  • 500 Amp Alltraxx series controller SR48500
  • 23x10x14in tire and rim set up
  • 6” SGC Double A arm lift kit

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
let me say this ... its a golf cart .. do you want to go over 20 in it ?
there was a kid took his dads cart and ran into mail box he was killed

your set up looks great !!
be careful on turns 6" can be tippy
the double A arm is the best

yes i have played with the controller ,,,, i have turned it up to get 27 mph ... i got it to spin the tires in grass
but i liked the stock program ... if you are in hilly country you could turn it up ... remember that your brakes suck !!

JayBird

Veteran
let me say this ... its a golf cart .. do you want to go over 20 in it ?
there was a kid took his dads cart and ran into mail box he was killed

your set up looks great !!
be careful on turns 6" can be tippy
the double A arm is the best

yes i have played with the controller ,,,, i have turned it up to get 27 mph ... i got it to spin the tires in grass
but i liked the stock program ... if you are in hilly country you could turn it up ... remember that your brakes suck !!
LoL well thanks Crash. I'm not planning on leaving it " amped up " for the kids. Well Kid, the other two are off at school. I would however like 25 out of it if I could for my own use. Just wondered what I could dial in to get the cart a couple mph faster. Any ideas would be great!

JayBird

Veteran
with the 10hp motor and bigger tires you should be about 25 mph now
i assume you downloaded the alltrax tool kit ??
the speed setting should be to max

the throttle rate should not be messed with , and reverse speed too

here's the manual >>> https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/DOC113-014-E_OP-SR-MANUAL.pdf
tool kit >>> https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
Thanks man, I will hood it back up this weekend when I get home. I believe my settings were set just about like these except the throttle rate I'm not sure where its set. I will post once I'm hooked up and running.

JayBird

Veteran
Thanks man, I will hood it back up this weekend when I get home. I believe my settings were set just about like these except the throttle rate I'm not sure where its set. I will post once I'm hooked up and running.
Well I hooked her back up to the computer this weekend and I'm dialed in with the exact parameters. I'm getting 18-20 mph tops out of this thing on a fresh charge. throttle is showing 100%. My neighbor is running the exact and I mean exact set up. same cart year everting. With the exception of a non programmable 400amp controller. He's running 22-24.8mph on a fresh charge. Not sure what I'm missing but I gotta say 18-20 is pretty disappointing considering the money in upgrades we have on this little cart. 4/5 MPH is a big difference on a cart.

JayBird

Veteran
WHAT MOTOR IS HE RUNNING ?

I'VE HEARD OF GUYS RUNNING THE 36V MOTOR ON THE 48V CART
Same as mine. The MOT-A1. Here is the kicker. Same cart year model everything. His batteries are two years old mine are new. Were both 5'10" I weigh about 210 he weighs about 180. I don't have the Alltrax on the fly controller, not sure if that would do anything. The cart I'm comparing mine to doesn't have an on the fly controller either. Tire pressure is good, not sure man. Like I said I realize no two carts are the same but were talking a pretty fare speed difference.

JayBird

Veteran
I may just do that lol. Its still fun man and I enjoy a good mystery. I'm sure I will figure it out at some point. Until then I will just keep on tinkering with it.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
if you really want speed 8:1 or 6:1 Ratio (FASTEST) speed gears

8:1 (6-8 mph)
6:1 (12mph)

wonder if he has the 8:1 gears

Last edited:

JayBird

Veteran
was doing a little reading today at lunch. It seems the motor I'm running the MOT-A1 is a bit of an anomaly. some sites call it a speed motor others list it as a torque motor. Admiral claims with my set up it should increase torque by 30% and I should expect speeds up to 22 MPH. on stock tires. So something seems just a bit off. I thought about doing a gear but I'm running a 23x10x14 tire set up. I guess with the extra torque and the fact I'm usually on flat asphalt I could get away with a gear. Its just a bit confusing. I'm going to be home this weekend I will put the meter on the pack as you suggested. see what the meter tells me when i get on it. Way to many folks saying they are getting well into the 25 mph range with this controller and motor set up. Somethings up man and I'm just the obsessive compulsive guy to find it. I wish I had known a bit more before I restored the cart I think I would have changed the set up a bit. Maybe the plumquick PQ48-401 10 spline 14.2 HP, Speed 28-30 mph (estimated) and added 50% more torque. I will continue to play with the cart I just want to make sure I'm getting all the performance the cart is capable of now.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
plumquick is great
you're not the only one thinking about your cart
i talked to a golf cart master
he is stumped
he did say the 500 amp controller has more torque
he says it is great on hills keeping speed while climbing
might the brakes be dragging

TDOG IS WATCHING

JayBird

Veteran
Hey crash, sorry man long week last week. I travel for work and I also do remodel on weekends. Two kids in college and one to go! I didn't get a chance to hook the cart up this past weekend. Hopefully I get a better shot this weekend. I will check those brakes again as well. Ive got a few miles an hour to find. If I get a chance I will take a few pics of the alltrax parameters I have set as well. I took a while to get this thing moving I'm always interested in a good puzzle. If it wasn't a DS cart I would say it was some kind of mapping problem but that doesn't apply to my cart. Just guessing at this point. I've got to get the FLUKE on this pack and see what its doing under load. Thank you for all the help and interest I will keep you posted

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?