48v
Suspension
stock
Tires / Rims
Amerityre 18x8.5-12

Rennz

Veteran
Hello,
So, I just picked up a '97 48v PowerDrive Plus (sn A9736-602538) in good physical and mechanical condition for only $200.
club car 1.jpg

The electricals are a different story. I can't seem to find a matching schematic for this system ( I did search the wiring diagram thread in this and other forums).
The charge plug wires have been cut in order to bypass the OBC and it has a replacement controller that connects to another small box with a 12 pin connector located between the controller and the solenoid (see pic).
club car 2.jpg

club car controller.jpg

I have a new set of batteries and on-board smart charger on order, so I won't need the OBC.
I just need a little help identifying the wires/components and their purpose on this system. Do I need any of the wiring coming out of the OBC?

Thanks,
Zach

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS A '97 48v PowerDrive Plus THEY HAVE 2 SOLENOIDS
AS FOR OBC ...YES YOU WILL NEED THEM ALL BUT THE MAIN NEGATIVE CABLE ....(large black cable )AND THERE IS NO NEED TO CUT IT
HERE IS A LINK TO THE 97 CLUB CAR
WIRING DIAGRAMS ARE SECTION 12
QUICK QUESTIONS IS THERE A V GLIDE ( PIE SHAPED BLACK BOX DRIVERS SIDE)?
IS THERE ANY WIRES COMING OUT OF MOTOR END ?
IS THERE A LEVER OR PUSH BUTTON FORWARD /REVERSE SWITCH ?

Rennz

Veteran
Hey, thanks for replying!

Ok, so as to your questions:
- Yes , there is a V Glide connected to the GO pedal
- Wires out of the motor end?... yes, all the wires are connected; A1, A2, F1, F2, and speed sensor.
- It is a push button F-N-R switch

-- In addition, it also has a toggle switch next to the charge port... the wires were cut, both black... maybe the tow/run switch? Or junk from the previous owner?

BTW, your link takes me to a French "Oops! This page is nowhere to be found." page.

So, what is the small white box with the 12 pin connector?

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
YEA I CHECKED MY LINK THEY MUST HAVE CHANGED IT

OK AFTER YOUR DISCRETION I FOUND YOUR DIAGRAM
YOU HAVE A FRANKENSTEIN CART ..LOL
THE BASIC WIRING IS A Club Car DS Regen I 1999-2002 Wiring
WITH THE REVERSE SOLENOID DELETED AND WITH THE AFTER MARKET CONTROLLER THEY USED A CONTROLLER BRIDGE ( small white box with the 12 pin connector)FROM A REGEN II SO HERE IS THE BASIC DIAGRAM
REGEN I
REGIN.jpg

TENN THE CONTROLLER BRIDGE OF THE REGEN II
REGEN 2.png

SO YOU WOULD WIRE THE CHARGER RECEPTICAL AND TOW SWITCH AS REGEN I AND BRIDGE AS REGEN II AS FOR THE MISSING REVERSE SOLENOID THEY MUST OF BY PASSED IT SOMEWHERE
CAN YOU POST PHOTOS OFTHE CONTROLLER AREA ?

Last edited:

Rennz

Veteran
Thanks, this was really throwing me for a loop.
I do need to bypass the OBC for the new charger, so if you know that procedure, it would be great.
Here are pics of the controller (front and rear) and the solenoid.
It looks as though the A2 motor wire connects directly to the controller... could the fwd/rev function be internal to the controller?
IMG_20200902_180151089.jpg
IMG_20200902_180112386.jpg
IMG_20200902_180227342.jpg

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
all that is needed for the dpi charger is the recapitulate neg (black) needs to go to the pack main negative and remove the fuse n he gray wire
like i diagrammed ... other wise everything looks good
yes the A2 cable goes to the A2 on the motor
HOPE THIS HELPS
REMEMBER ALWAYS SET RUN TOW SWITCH TO TOW ( or disconnect the wires) WHEN WORKING ON CART
ALSO A GOOD IDEA TO JACK UP REAR END WITH TIRES OFF THE GROUND AND PUT ON JACK STANDS

REV REMOVED.png

Rennz

Veteran
Ok, this gives me a great deal of hope, Thanks.
Charger, batts, and bits get here tomorrow; it might take a few days to get everything straightened out and tested. I'll let you know how I fair.

Thanks again!

Rennz

Veteran
Ok, here's the update:

I pulled everything apart to clean/test and changed the oil in the axle.
- the motor showed a slight (very slight) short to ground from most posts of about 20M ohms
-- I pulled the motor apart and cleaned and isolated the windings, brush assy, and isolators, none were shorted.
-- threw it back together and ohm checks were good!

IMG_20200901_192318387.jpg

I then installed the new batteries and wiring with Crash Test Dummies help! Then relocated the OBC and mounted the new sealed waterproof charger internally to free up the storage in the rear.
IMG_20200904_165728021.jpg

Charged the batteries and tested it out..... EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY!
So, I put it all back together, adding a new back seat kit (It only had the front seats when I got it), And put it back on the ground.
IMG_20200904_211058847.jpg

IMG_20200904_211228480.jpg

I also added an battery gauge to monitor the charge and % in the dash beside the stock battery warning light.
IMG_20200904_211151130.jpg

I took it for a few drives today around the property and it seems to be running great; even the regen is working and can be seen on the new gauge.

Thanks again for the help, Crash Test Dummy!

Rennz

Veteran
Ok, so I guess she's done for now. I added a 240W 12V converter, head/tail lights, windshield, and a coat of paint.
CC1.jpg

CC2.jpg

OUTL4W

AMA
Admin
Addict
Damn...I really like how those rims look. If you don't mind now that's it's done, can you add it to the garage area whenever you have time...

OUTL4W

AMA
Admin
Addict
R Rennz
Do you need anymore accessories for your buggy?

Rennz

Veteran
R Rennz
Do you need anymore accessories for your buggy?
Thanks, it looks like I need to be a little more active to qualify...

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?