DS 2005 club car ds solenoid help

Kissfan23

Active

I have a 2005 club car ds it will not run the solenoid will not click while on the cart and all 4 post read 48 volts at the same time when the pedal is not pressed. I can make the solenoid click if I undo the 2 small terminals and hook the solenoid straight to the batteries. I am lost any help would be appreciated

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
would be a good idea to include cart voltage when posting a question :cool:

Put the FNR switch in reverse, if You don't hear the buzzer the OBC is in lockout mode.

try Resetting the OBC
To reset the OBC the following must be done in this order:
• Key Switch to Off
• Forward/Reverse to Neutral
• Tow/Run Switch to Tow
• Disconnect the Battery NEGATIVE (–) wire from the Battery Minus terminal on the battery pack.
• Put the Tow/Run to Run
• Forward/Reverse Switch to Reverse
• Key Switch to On
• Lock the throttle pedal down, Leave the cart like that for 5 min to cause the OBC to reset.

To reconnect the OBC back into the system:
• Key Switch to Off
• Forward/Reverse Switch to Neutral
• Tow/Run switch to Tow
• Reconnect the Batt – wire to the battery minus terminal on the battery pack.

Once the OBC has been reset, the cart can be troubleshot.
There is always a chance the OBC has completely failed and the reset process will not fix the problem.

The way you know the OBC reset is the first time You go to drive the battery warning light will come ON.
Plug the charger IN and see if it works, if it does, unplug the charger and test the cart in reverse again.
If the reverse buzzer now works, the problem is definitely the MCOR micro-switch

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
If the reverse buzzer now works, the problem is definitely the MCOR micro-switch
it is probably the MCOR
PUT THE CART ON JACKS WITH WHEELS OFF THE GROUND !!!
remove the 2 wire plug from the MCOR and put a paper clip in the ends ...try the cart for less than a minute
like this
paper clip.png

if cart runs then it is the micro switch inside the MCOR is bad
take it back and get a new one
you can run the cart with the by pass in BUT the cart will be powered all the time
if this doesn't work i'll ship out the TNT later o_O

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
ok
PUT THE CART ON JACKS WITH WHEELS OFF THE GROUND !!!
with the paper clip in ... hook the solenoid straight to the batteries
CAUTION this is giving full power to solenoid ,,, be ready to pull the jumpers
i'll be checking back as i can

Kissfan23

Active
I was on the phone with buggiesunlimited tec support yesterday they seem to think it is the controller I got from them is bad they are sending me a replacement we shall see

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?