DS ClubCar 2002 Club Car DS 36V resistor issue i think?

dvoll45

I got this cart cheap and it didn't work and was told all it needed was batteries. Got batteries didn't work. I traced issue to V glide switch as this is a resistor cart. I changed the solenoid and put a new V glide switch in. Started working but its intermittent. Issue im having is sometimes when i press the pedal sometimes forward and reverse work fine but then other times i press the pedal to the floor to go forward then nothing. Backwards same issue. So i try forwards again and press it to the floor just holding it there and like 5 seconds later it slams {into gear} i call it then will go. Its weird it does this quite often and cant figure out from here. Not sure why it doesn't go immediately when i press the pedal. Not sure if its the forward reverse switch, the resistor board and coils, etc. Im at a loss.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
not so strange
i'd start with the wiring
here is your wiring diagram
check every connection especially the V Glide
did you replace the swapper arm in the v-glide ?

95~03 36V.png

dvoll45

not so strange
i'd start with the wiring
here is your wiring diagram
check every connection especially the V Glide
did you replace the swapper arm in the v-glide ?

View attachment 1828
What do you mean by swapper arm? If you are referring to the arm that goes up and down over each pad when you press the pedal that is included as whole unit when I replaced the v glide. I was going to go ahead and replaced the forward reverse switch too. It’s cheap and not sure if that is the issue. I followed the way it was before I removed it actually. I diagramed and phoned the wires so I replaced them in the exact spot

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
OK ...
THE SUDDEN START IS THE SWIPER ARM CONNECTING WITH THE FULL POWER OUTPUT OF THE CART (BLACK CABLE)

CHECKTO SEE IF WIPPER ARM IS HITTING EACH STUD IN THE V-GLIDE .... DISCONECT THE BATTERIES WHEN WORKING ON CART

SWIPPER ARM ASJ.png

Last edited:

dvoll45

OK ...
THE SUDDEN START IS THE SWIPER ARM CONNECTING WITH THE FULL POWER OUTPUT OF THE CART (BLACK CABLE)

CHECKTO SEE IF WIPPER ARM IS HITTING EACH STUD IN THE V-GLIDE .... DISCONECT THE BATTERIES WHEN WORKING ON CART

View attachment 1829
I just found this site with these instructions. So i was outside and did the adjustment. I was thinkin it could be the solenoid sticking because i hold the pedal down and the only noise is the v glide switch moving then the solenoid click and then it moves. But in between the v glide and the solenoid i discovered the importance of the forward reverse microswitch. I found this below on a site.

To check whether the v-glide is working perfectly:
  1. First, remove the cover of the wiper switch, but before that, remove the battery no. 5 and 6.
  2. Now take removable ink and cover all the contacts to check the parallelism.
  3. Next, swipe the arm of the wiper switch up and down across all the contacts. Make sure that the wiper arm is obtaining at least 39% of the swipe of the contacts. If not, adjust accordingly.
  4. For adjusting the wiper arm, remove the cotter spring pin. Now carefully turn the crew of the wiper arm and check if the surfaces are parallel. This screw is present in the v-glide wiper arm center.
  5. Now that the adjustment is done. Put Loctite (thread-locking compound) on the screw, on the hex nut, and then put the cotter spring pin in the adjustment screw.
  6. Also, check if the wiper arm brush and fixed contacts are damaged or worn out, and if so, replace the housing of the v-glide.

The club cars have micro switches. Theses switches are installed to keep the carts safe while starting and powering up. The microswitch of the v-glide is connected to the solenoid and triggers the same.

The microswitches are connected, so to power up one of them, the predecessor microswitch should be triggered first. To powerthe v-glide micro switch, the forward/reverse microswitch should be powered up.

The FR microswitch should be working in order for the v-glide micro switch to work.

When the pedal is pressed, the v-glide microswitch sends the message to the solenoid that the cart should move. Therefore, it is crucial to make sure that the microswitch is working and has the wires connected to it; otherwise, the cart will not move forward or in reverse.

SOOOOO reading this above it may be the micro switch. I did order a whole new forward reverse assembly because mine is real rusty with all the connections. We will see if this does the trick. I also adjust the v glide now i know how to do it.

Also with the wiring diagram above i moved the wires back one starting with the black, blue etc. So there is one empty slot on the end and then a gap of two at the beginning. When the cart is running i took it out and it seemed slow. So of course i checked Youtube and a guy on there is talking about how to wiper arm does not go all the way to the top of the v glide black wire. It actually stops between the last two pads. He backed the wires down one to get the full speed because the wipe arm was not going all the way up. Only my pedal arm i could not extend it anymore so i backed the wires down one from the diagram you show. so it goes white, space, space then starts with the orange.

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
I TOOK THE DIAGRAM FROM THE SERVICE MANUAL
YOU ARE GOIG TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A NEW F/R SWITCH
THEY DON'T MAKE THE OLD STYLE (YOURS)

HERE IS WIRING FOR NEW STYLE SWITCH

FVR NEW.png

Last edited:

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
that is the new style f/r switch ...
with the jumper already installed
that micro switch is the new version with the wired pigtail
i would get the correct micro switch

but yours will work

• Replaces OEM# 1011997(F&R assembly), 1014808(limit switch), 1012987(Handle), 1016896 1013198 1016845(Screws and Nuts)

Last edited:

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?