48v 2000 Yamaha G19E Accelerator Switch Issues

tyricks95

While working on it I was messing Accelerator Stop Switch. I unplugged the switch and was messing with that plug. I got it to where I heard the Solenoid working. I could use the pedal in forward and reverse no issue(wheels turning). But when I turned the key off and back on It would not work until I messed with the plug to get it to activate the Solenoid. So I just got back and replaced the Accelerator Stop Switch and it is the same issue. Find a sweet spot on the connection, works fine, then turn key off and will not work. Any Thoughts?

Been working on this Issue that led me to find the one above.

Issue is when the cart is on it is not moving. First thought was batteries. Check voltage for each battery before and after charge cycle. all are average 8.2V per, the whole circuit is 48.4V. Even when key is off, same when key is on. If I flip the R/F switch to Reverse, a buzzer activate but no movement. When R/F switch is in FWD there is no noise along with no movement. This connection from Negative side of Battery circuit provided 48.4V to R/F switch when triggered to REV/FWD. So made sure the R/F Switch(Directional Switch on wiring diagram) had power when commanded. It did, Moved to the Solenoid(relay on diagram) and tested current, From Battery Negative there is 48.4v to Solenoid in and out of the Solenoid. I followed the voltage circuit to confirm the Controller had power into it as well as out and to the Motor via A2 wire. So, I am getting a current from the start of the battery string to the motor positive side. Moved to the R/T switch above the Controller to confirm it has power, in Run mode it has 48.4V, but not 48.4V in Tow( I do not remember if I flicked the switch, reviewing my notes and I did not note it, I can check in the morning). Now when I received the cart I could not get the solenoid to engage(clicking noise), but now it clicks when selecting Run or Tow, but still no movement(Wire on Battery Positive frayed in the connection on Black wire that leads to Controller, fixed that and it completed the connection, this wire had a fuse or something on it but it was so corroded I could not see what exactly it was so I just spliced the wires together bypassing the fuse or whatever it was ( looked like a black connector but not fuse honestly). Anyways I have power to Controller, Solenoid, Motor, Main Switch(Key), F/R Switch, R/T Switch, only thing I have not checked is the Throttle Sensor and Accelerator Switch only because I cant find a good contact on the I think the Throttle Sensor(One under the Foot Pedal) and I have not found the other one. Am I on the right track here? I do not want to replace components if I do not have to. I have checked Voltage and Continuity to almost everything besides what I mentioned I had not found yet. Also, removed all Batteries, Cleaned each post, while batteries were out I cleaned all Connections on the Motor, Solenoid, R/T switch, Controller. Can anyone give me some advice?

tyricks95

I think I am going to have to, I got my hands on a Repair Manual I think the Solenoid is acting up until I open the Accelerator Stop switch and Re-connect it possible jumping the Solenoid to work? I will call the Parts store tomorrow and see if they have one.

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?