1984 Columbia Par Car Help

CTeague

I have a 2 stroke that I restored. Was working great for about a week and now it runs for abut 10 seconds and it seems like someone just cuts ignition. If I let it sit for about ten seconds it fires up and then does the same thing.
I have replaced:
Fuel filter
Fuel hoses
Fuel Pump
Coil
Spark Plug

What am I missing? Help please.

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
here is a link to 1982 to 1986 Gas Columbia Par Car

CTeague

Ok so here is where we sit.
I have removed and cleaned the carb three times.
New fuel pump and filter.
New coil and all works fine but will die at exactly 15 seconds. We took a spark tester and placed it between the coil and spark plug. Confirmed what we thought spark stops at 15 seconds.
We tested the battery and found it was hitting 14 then 15 volts right before shutting off.
Changed the two voltage regulators and it does the same thing.
Disconnected the green wire on regulator and it runs perfect but now wont charge the battery.
What am I missing????

CTeague

Already changed it. Decided to look and see if the condenser and points were in good shape and found someone in the past had changed it to electronic ignition and the coil that was on it was rated for points. The ignition was super loose and looked in bad shape. I am going to go back to points system with proper coil ohms setting and see what happens. I have replaced almost everything electrical except for this so we will see.

CTeague

I have tried three brand new voltage regulators and got the same issue. I happened to shake the ignition wire fron the engine to the coil and the engine tried to fire up again. I will now chase that down to see if there is an ignition issue.

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?