Fuel pouring from pcv pcv

Zot

Veteran
I purchased a poorly running gas cart. Replaced fuel pump. Set valves. Cleaned carb. Set float tiny bit lower. Every try at operating its dumping fuel into the motor and gushing from the crankcase by way of the pcv.
Please someone guide me as to what I need to do now

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
that's good
i just put a carb on a Yamaha g9 gasser that was giving the guy fits ... running like a new cart
i also changed air & gas filters and a new spark plug ...

Zot

Veteran
Made him a happy camper
I'm awaiting ebay carb then I'll try the process again and report. I believe previous owner cranked down on mixture screw till it ruined, it was all the way down and had to use pliers to loosen.

One sad factor was 1st fuel dump, I had to clear all the gas from oil and crankcase.. Did my refill (1.5qts) and it dumped fuel again into my nice fresh oil change! Grr!

And one more thought for those that can relate: I went to my local Cart shop to purchase the fuel pump and hopefully get some advice at the counter... They charged $70 for the item. I have my own biz to run and I get it, overhead, payroll, etc... But not $70 for a measly pump. I like the idea that my local purchase goes towards a better tomorrow rather than lining the pockets of bad people.

I'll never go back there, bad review written, and I'll discourage anyone who'll listen not to go there. When the choice is $11 ebay part VS arrogant over pricing... Well, I pity the foo'

Last edited:

Zot

Veteran
New carb installed she ran like a champ for about 5 miles then starving for fuel. I bypassed the vacuum actuated pump, and put a bolt in the vac line. Installed 12v electric fuel pump from AutoZone to the on/off portion of the keyed switch. Running great now.
The pcv is the 4 bolt type and I can't get to one of the bolts due to engine mount.

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?