TXT motor swap

Carter716

I was looking at the Vegas carts motor kits with clutch, exhaust, and engine cradle. Unfortunately they don’t have a kit for the 2016 EZGO TXT. Was hoping to do a 23hp Vanguard because I heard they last longer than the 22hp Predator engines. Are there any other manufacturers who make kits for this cart? Any advice on the motors? It’s a 13.5hp Kawi right now but only runs about 23-25mph. Didn’t wanna take the governor off to gain more power but would like to run at least 30mph. Any input is appreciated!

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i know a couple guys that did the Predator engines they are very happy with and most do up to 35 mph
remember it is a golf cart ... 30 mph is to fast you have no seat belts , plastic steering wheel near your chest and a plastic windshield ,,, when i do a engine swap, i have cart owner sign a liability waver
NEVER MESS WITH GOVENER

Carter716

i know a couple guys that did the Predator engines they are very happy with and most do up to 35 mph
remember it is a golf cart ... 30 mph is to fast you have no seat belts , plastic steering wheel near your chest and a plastic windshield ,,, when i do a engine swap, i have cart owner sign a liability waver
NEVER MESS WITH GOVENER
I’m an adrenaline junkie lol 40mph in a golf cart is saved than 140 on a street bike or 65 in an airboat, but I understand your concern. Hopefully they come out with a kit for the predator engine on a 2016 next year. If the motor lasts a few years I can deal with that

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?